Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

drips and spills

So for the past couple weeks after supper we head outside for about 20 minutes, well it should be 20 minutes it usually turns into about 40, before Cohen has to get his bath.  Recently I started giving the lil guy a popsicle, which quickly turned into the hubs and I having one as well.  Monday when I was cruising around Target I found some of those popsicle molds and the idealistic dreams starting floating in my heads.  I could make homemade real fruit popsicles for the squirt, so I tossed one in the cart and away we went with the rest of the necessary shopping.


After tossing some strawberries and plums I had frozen for smoothies, a box of apple juice, and a bit of yogurt in the blender and pureeing the hell out of it, we had us a concoction that may be popsicle worthy.  That night I pop out one of my homemade popsicles as Cobra was heading out the door, instead of the usually store bought sugary glob on a stick.


The Mr. and I of course decide to have one as well.  Turns out the sugary glob on a stick that you can buy on a stick is way better than my not very sweet, full of seeds homemade version.  


The kid, of course, didn't complain.  But the hubs, he went back to the sugary store bought goodness the next night.  I stuck it out one more night but I think the kid is on his own with the rest of this batch.


Maybe I should stick to kool-aid next time.


Like I said the kid obviously enjoyed it.  Thank God for Spray 'n Wash!

No comments:

Post a Comment