Monday, March 5, 2012

project wool eater

is a miserable failure...ok not a miserable failure.  I actually wouldn't call it a failure at all, but I did not complete it.  Man those chicks can crochet!  I just couldn't keep up, even with the 9 hours a week I have to kill while Cohen is at preschool.

This has taught me how to crochet...I say that very loosely.  I still have no idea what I'm doing outside of this pattern.  

I was going strong on the old blanket here, then I read Susan B. Anderson's "How I Make My Socks" post and found myself in a yarn store holding enough yarn to make 2 pairs of socks and a random scarf.  

I will say though that my socks are almost done.  I was about an inch away from the toe on my second sock when little man broke my wooden needle.  This was after the Mr. sat and splintered one already.  Somehow I don't think I'm going to get very far with three needles.  I will finish them this week though, I just need to locate another set, because lord knows I've got a couple floating around this house somewhere.

But back to the blanket.  I made it through week three...out of 8.  That's 13 different color rounds out of 26.  Not a complete win but a great start if you ask me.  Remember this is my first project bigger than a potholder.  So I'm saying its not too shabby.