is a miserable failure...ok not a miserable failure. I actually wouldn't call it a failure at all, but I did not complete it. Man those chicks can crochet! I just couldn't keep up, even with the 9 hours a week I have to kill while Cohen is at preschool.
This has taught me how to crochet...I say that very loosely. I still have no idea what I'm doing outside of this pattern.
I was going strong on the old blanket here, then I read Susan B. Anderson's "How I Make My Socks" post and found myself in a yarn store holding enough yarn to make 2 pairs of socks and a random scarf.
I will say though that my socks are almost done. I was about an inch away from the toe on my second sock when little man broke my wooden needle. This was after the Mr. sat and splintered one already. Somehow I don't think I'm going to get very far with three needles. I will finish them this week though, I just need to locate another set, because lord knows I've got a couple floating around this house somewhere.
But back to the blanket. I made it through week three...out of 8. That's 13 different color rounds out of 26. Not a complete win but a great start if you ask me. Remember this is my first project bigger than a potholder. So I'm saying its not too shabby.