Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

a week ago

A week ago today little man attended his first day of school.


So far so good.  He's doing much better than I thought he would.  I didn't really know what to expect in terms of his behavior at school.  Part of me thought he'd cry all day long, and part of me thought he'd love running around with all the other kids (after a few days of course).  In terms of at home behavior, I really thought I'd have a super clingy kid on my hands for at least a week or two, until he settled in.  Nope, nada, not at all.  The kid really seems to love it.


By the second day, he's going Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30-12:00, I was hearing good reports.  By the second day, he was starting to enjoy himself.  By the second day, he was no longer throwing tantrums that resulted in him hitting himself or hitting his head on the floor.  He comes home from school in a great mood, and of course Mom is in a great mood because of this not to mention her time alone.  All in all the kid is growing up, and we're excited to see him do so...of course we're crying because he has to, but still we're excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment