Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

extreme makeover home edition

We've been living in this here little abode for roughly 8 years now.  Boy it doesn't seem that long.  It seems like just yesterday that we were lying on the floor with Chris, Jackie and their only two (at the time) kids when we rode over with them to show them the place...ok I was lying everyone else was sitting, no I distinctly remember Chris was lying as well, see I'm not the only weirdo.

We've made a lot of changes to the place.  I believe each room has been painted at least twice.  Poor Eric, I picked out the most awful orangey copper for his room, good thing he is color blind.  Though I'm not certain the color blindness helped, it was bad.  He lived with it for a good year, then we lived with it for a few after that until I just couldn't take it anymore.  It's a soft yellow now, and I love it...for now.

Now that I'm an official blogger...that's right I have a badge and everything, ok no badge...I figure it's about time I start recording some of our wonderful ideas, and the not so great ones too.  I have this plan to start one room at a time and make over the entire place.

First up, because it was/is going to be the cheapest is the laundry room.  Even though the hubs thinks it's small we are actually blessed with a good size laundry room.  Some people have literally enough space to put the washer and dryer and that is it hon, I'll show you sometime.  Ours is actually too big, did you just hear him scream "what"?  I'll tell you why.  It's too big because we tend to store everything in there.  That's the problem, not the size.  However we don't have another place to put the vacuum, broom, and other random stuff, so it goes in the laundry room.

Back to the point.  I give you what we started out with.


and here is what we've done, so far.


We cleaned off the top of the washer and dryer!  Ha, I'm kidding.  We put them up on a platform.  I know this post was such a letdown.  This is only the beginning, I assure you.  The Mr. wanted to put a counter top above the washer and dryer, to stop things from falling behind, and once he decided to do that he decided he'd lift them up just a bit.  Now we can open the doors with a clothes basket under them, and you don't have to bend over quite as far.  As for the counter top, it is in place as well.  We still need to add molding and trim to it and the front of the platform.  I also want to put two cabinets up rather than the wire shelves.  See...only the beginning.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment