Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

just the boring stuff

So we had our evaluation on Thursday.  We know nothing more than we did before.  It turns out that it is actually a two part evaluation.  Thursday we had the first part.  A super nice lady, and I mean super great, came by to go through a list of questions with me.  You know how there are certain people in this world who just get up each day and trudge to work, well this is not her.  Well it could be but if it is she puts on a good show.  She was very accommodating.  I had put Cohen down for an early nap thinking she would need to see him, she came at his usual nap time.  Turns out she didn't need to see Cohen but didn't seem bothered by him, his outbursts, or his desire to go outside at all.  We started out inside, shortly headed out to the porch, and finally ended up walking around the house, all while she went through her list of questions.  She was so great.


However like I said she really couldn't tell me anything.  She said their saying was "walking by one, talking by two".  But who knows what the next lady will think.  The next gal comes next Thursday and this Friday we go in to have the evaluation at the speech and hearing office.  I have a feeling Friday they will tell us a bit more.


We also checked out a preschool for the little man on Friday.  I'm pretty excited about it.  It is of course bitter sweet.  My little man is going to be going away for half a day three days a week.  I think he's going to love it though.  He needs this time with other kids.  I will of course reap the benefits of some alone time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment