Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

i'm slowly getting my closet back

I know you guys thought that I forgot about the challenge I made for myself, oh no not me.  I would never drop out of something in the middle of it, or before it even started.  This was my first accomplishment.
Wool dryer balls.  They go in the dryer with your clothes, while drying of course, and they are supposed to help your clothes dry faster.  Don't ask why they are all over the floor.  I can't say I've noticed a difference as of yet.  I will say though that looking around the interwebs I've found that for optimum results you need a lot, as in like 10-12, and I just finished the rest today.  I've been using only 4 for a few weeks now.  I have 10 total presently, all accounted for, I think I have at least one or two more floating around the house that the little guy swiped.  I will say this was kind of a cop out in terms of finishing an unfinished project for the week.  It was super easy.  The only reason I'm counting it, besides I'm a cheat, is that over half of these yarn balls had been sitting on my kitchen table for weeks now.  I'm glad they are off.

Since the above was a bit of a cop out I forced myself to do something else today.  So while I got my sewing machine a whirling...
...the kid, he ate some nanners.  See I'm not too bad of a mother, I do feed him occasionally.  The proof is on his face.
He's such a dork.  Back to the machine.  I mentioned in a previous post, the one about my big challenge as a matter of fact, that I had bought fabric to make the little guy some more blankies.  I made one as soon as the fabric got here.  Then my ADD kicked in I realized I needed a needle for lightweight material, the one I was using kept snagging the silky material.  After finding a pack in the depths of my closet I knocked this bad boy out.
It turned out much better than the first one I made, which coincidentally is exactly the same.  Each set of fabric makes two blankets and two small blankets, or as I would call them lovies.  So 2 down only 4 to go, 10 if you count the lovies.  No I'm not one of those people that completely over do something, why do you ask?

And just because I'm one of those obnoxious mothers that smother you with pictures of her kid...
a twofor!

No comments:

Post a Comment