Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

wait it's not monday anymore

You know I should probably switch my milestone monday to tuesday.  I would too, if it weren't for the fact that once I did that I would start putting it off until wednesday.  So what's the kid been up to this week eh?  This past weekend he has started making animal noises, a limited few mind you but still animal noises none the less.  He has a book called What (you have to say it as if someone just told you the most ridiculous thing your pretty little ears ever did hear).  So anyway the story goes something like this...What  sound does a dog make...woof.  What sound does a cow make...moo.  and on and on.  The kid loves this book and it's mate Who (Who lives in a hole...gophers.  Who lives in a tree...birds. etc).  This weekend as we were reading it for the 25,443rd time he started making the horse sound.  Since then he has also made the cow and bee sounds.  The horse is by far his strong suit.  It almost sounds like he is laughing "hee hee he hee", I actually thought he was when he first started.  He so so with the cow, or "mmmm" as he does.  And the bee, "zzzzz", he's only done a couple of times, but gosh darnnit I'm his mother and I'm counting it.

I also figured something out this weekend myself.  The novelty of things wears off rather quickly with my child.  He has said various words during the short time he's been here...mama, dada, reagan (our dog), tractor, yipee.  The hubs may disagree with some of these.  He at one point would point to his ears when asked where they were or stick out his tongue when asked where it was.  He would clap during if you're happy and you know it.  Now he doesn't.  The best I can figure is that the novelty has worn off.  The words last a few days then about two weeks later another one will pop up only to stick around for a couple days.  He did the bit with his ears and tongue a bit longer but still, rarely will he do it now.  So since he started the animal sounds on Saturday he may be done with them too by now.  Oh well they were fun while they lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment