Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

milestone monday

How bad is it that my kid is asleep out in the car as I type this?  Does it make it any better than I intercomed two phones to create a makeshift baby monitor so that I can hear him when he wakes up?  Does it make it any better than I made up the word intercomed?  No, no, and no...oh well I was just kidding about him being asleep in the car then.

The little man gives kisses now, only to his father.  He gives hugs too, only to me.  I would always grab him and ask for a hug all the while giving him a big bear hug of a squeeze.  I was super stoked when he came up to me the first time wrapped him arms around me and laid his head on my shoulder.  The Mr's thing was to try to get him to give him a kiss.  Finally about a week or so ago Cohen started doing it, a big open mouth to the cheek.  He will give Dada a hug here and there and me a kiss every once in a while but for the most part the kisses are reserved for ole Dad and hugs for Mom, I have no idea why other than I always asked for the hugs and the hubs was after the kisses.

On a side note, doesn't every little boy need a pair of leather sandals.
Now I'm not a huge fan of classic dressy boys' clothes, especially the shoes, but I couldn't help myself.  It may have been the fact that they were only 15 bucks, and when I see a pair of stride rites (new) for 15 bucks I'm getting them, it doesn't matter what they look like, or the fact that really leather sandals just scream summer.  Either way the kid tried them out for the first time yesterday, and yes we already have scuff marks on the toe.  

On another side note, or a small confession rather, I had to sweep the floor where I took that picture and I only swept that part of the floor.  Lazy, I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment