Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

one step closer

Week by week I'm getting closer to my goal of having all those unfinished projects completed.  It's slow going but it's going none the less.  

I worked on some more blankies last week.  How many blankies does one kid need?  Right now the answer is four, with some lovies thrown in.

These are his blankies, minus one that is tucked safely under a sleeping baby right now.  You aren't missing anything though it's just a duplicate of the owl blanket  The two on the left I made and the one on the right is an Ally Zabba.  It is what started this whole blanket chaos that I am stuck in.  It's a nice blanket, I just figured I could make them cheaper myself, and make them I have.


These are the ones that I finished last week.  Two lovies and a blankie.  I'm thinking I'm going to put one of the lovies in the car, since it's a bit smaller and put the other up for a future baby gift.  I'm going to have more baby gifts by the time this is all over.


And because we all know I can't finish something without starting something new...
I saw a pillow very similar to this one online a while back.  It was for sale, I'm too cheap to buy something I think I can make.  So I bought some cheap fabric and went to town.  I must say it looks great in the picture, in reality it was a so so.  I'll give it a 6.72 out of 10.  I was going to make two to toss on the guest bed but I cut the front panel of fabric too short.  So now I have one of these pleated lovelies and one plain white boring pillow that I'm going to sew some fabric rosettes that I will attempt to make tonight to.  I gave them a half ass shot the other day and it didn't go so well so wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment