Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

let the games begin

I have a new challenge for myself, besides getting my house in tip top shape and keeping it that way of course.  I've been known to start a project here and there never to finish it.  My weakness is knitting, but I have other crafts that have been lost in the depths of my closet too.  Please excuse the lack of sheets on the bed, I promise we do not sleep without sheets.  This is a pet peeve of mine, I see people on tv without sheets and I'm floored.  I'm washing the bedding for the record.
This should be a  pair of these once completed.

So here's how it works, in writing to hold myself accountable.  I'll complete one unfinished project a week until the end of the year. 
A quilt I started YEARS ago, I would like to finish it for my niece now.

 There are projects that I have going that are definitely going to take more than a week to finish, I'll work on these at the end of the week if I have time left once I've finished the weekly project.  
Also started years ago, for my Brother and Sister in law's wedding present.  They now have a 4 year old, maybe if I finish the quilt above for her it will make up for them never receiving this.

I'm not going to limit myself and say I won't start anything new, because well frankly that isn't going to happen.  
Socks that I told my neighbor I'd make into leg warmers months and months ago.

I see things every day I want to make.  I start something new once a week but the plan is to actually finish it once I start.
This one isn't entirely my fault, I was waiting to get different needles for my sewing machine.  I dug through the closet today and found what I needed, so maybe it is entirely my fault.  I had the great idea to make Cohen some blankies so I wouldn't have to pay 40 bucks for one online.  I instead paid 60 bucks for material.

I'm sure there will be things along the way that I don't want to finish.  It happens, things don't turn out the way I want or my mood changes, hello it's been years since I've started some of these things, and I just don't like it anymore.  I will rip it out or toss it, decisions will be made.  Either way no more unfinished whatnots taunting me.
All I have left to do is weave in the ends and make a pom pom, really there is no excuse that it isn't finished.  Of course I do also have to make one for my niece once this one is done.

It is such a waste to have so many things unfinished, a waste of materials and a waste of what could be.  I would love to have all these things around my house, and the houses of those who I'm making them for.  However this isn't the reason for creating the challenge, no the real reason is I want my closet back to some sort of normalcy.  It's awful.  I can't even describe how bad it is and I'm too embarrassed to put up a picture.
Just one of many baby blankets I have in the works.

So there you have it.  The who, what, when, where, why, and how of it all.  I hope you enjoyed my parade of failure.  This isn't all of it, this isn't even half of it, hell I haven't even scratched the surface.  I can assure you this though, the next time you see these items, you'll be looking at them in their completed form.  I mean if I don't finish I won't be putting up a picture, do you really think I'm going to do another parade of failure?  So of course if you see them again they will be completed otherwise you won't be seeing them.  And so it begins.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment