Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

milestone monday

So I'm totally cheating here.  I didn't get time...scratch that, I didn't make time to post yesterday on Monday so I'm going to back date this...I'm so bad.  

Yeah so anyway, what's the little guy up to these days?  I can already see that milestone monday isn't going to happen each week.  It's tough to find something new each week, I mean sure my kid is a genius but come on.  I will try though.  Anyway so we are working on using a potty.  Notice I didn't say I'm working on potty training, I'm not...not officially, not yet.  I decided about a month ago that since Cobra takes a bath right after dinner, where he would have been downing liquids, it would be a good time to start setting him on the potty, which we did.  The first two days the "pee pee" was a no show but on the third day it made its appearance, genius kid I tell you.  So gradually I've been increasing the times we've been going potty throughout the day.  Most days he will use it 3-4 times.  Now the fams, they think I'm crazy for trying to potty train a 15 month old, but I'm not trying...not officially, not yet.  I'm just getting him used to the idea, and hoping maybe he'll make a connection before I start trying, which I'm not...not officially, not yet.  This summer, I'm going to start potty training the kid.  I will then get regular undies, and give it the ol college try.  Until then we're really ho hum about the whole thing.  Set him on there, see if he'll go, give him a potty prize (a mini m&m...ok two mini m&ms) if he does.

He has also conquered chairs.  He can climb onto our dining room chairs, which means he can also climb onto our dining room table, yeah it sucks.  The nice thing is that I now pull a chair into the kitchen, toss him up on it, and I have a helper...
...or a strawberry thief.
Caught him red-handed

I ordered this handy dandy contraption that goes under a chair to raise it up so that when a child is sitting at it they are up high enough to the table.  Aka...no booster seat.  It arrived Saturday, yeah that's right on a Saturday, nice huh?  I was impressed.  So now not only can Cohen climb on the chairs he sits on one at meal times like a big kid.  Ok ok about 40% of the time he sits, about 50% of the time he stands while we yell ask him politely to sit down, the other 10% is that time in between sitting and standing where he is squatting trying to decide if he'll listen and actually sit down.  Maybe the booster seat would've been nice for a few more months.


No comments:

Post a Comment