Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

is that kid still wearing his pj shirt?

My gal pal from Georgia came over this weekend.  And like we always do, we had to get our shopping on.  I decided I would treat myself to a little something.
I LOVE it!!  
Now I've only used it twice, and neither time with a total success but it just makes me feel like a real cook.  I haven't put it up since it arrived in my house.  It has sat upon my stove for all to see, never mind the fact that we rarely have visitors.
I have been scouring the internet looking for recipes.  Something simple enough, I might like to pretend to be a real cook but I definitely am not.


On another note, I decided to give Cohen a break from the potty this weekend.  The end of last week he would cry every time I put him on it so I decided what with gal pal and the shopping going on it would be a good time to slack up a bit.  Today we started back.  He has proudly earned his potty prize twice today.  I also decided I would put his little tush back in cloth.  
He hated it.  He has a bit of a raw spot on the inside of one of his legs, I'm thinking the cloth is rubbing on it.  We may have to hold off on the cloth for a couple days.
I have to say I think it's pretty darn cute to see him running around in cloth.  I figured maybe all that washing will be the motivation I need to make sure I stick to the potty training, which I haven't started, not yet, not officially.
But I mean come on, how can you not love monster trucks and a pj shirt?!?  What kind of mother leaves her kid in pjs until noon...this kind.

Ok well I'm off to finally get this paper clutter under control, if you don't hear from me within a couple of days you may have to send in the authorities.

3 comments:

  1. I love your dutch oven. I have one too and it is like my best friend in the kitchen. I have a couple of recipes that I can share with you. You will feel like a diva cook after cooking with these recipes. I will dig them out for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I made spaghetti and meatballs in it yesterday, well the meatballs and sauce. I just want to use it all the time but don't know exactly what to do with it yet. I have been scouring Pioneer Woman's site, I was going to make her latest short rib recipe but couldn't find short ribs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a blog for you with my all time favorite never fail recipe.
    Here's the link. Hope you enjoy it. I make this soup with homemade bread bowls. Trust me it is a party for your mouth.http://asnailslife.wordpress.com/2011/03/27/broccoli-wild-rice-soup/

    ReplyDelete