Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

my poor cluttered closet

I find myself blog lusting a lot lately.  Sunday I stumbled across one that pointed me to project simplify.  
For five weeks, we’ll work together and tackle different areas of our homes. Be encouraged and inspiredknowing that there are other families around the world rolling up their sleeves and working alongside you!
Yesterday it started, so being a good little projectee I went to the site.  Master closet was the first up.  Now when I first read it I thought the closet would be day one of week one, and assumed that we'd probably be working on the rest of the master bedroom later this week.  Well when I went back to the site, in the middle of cleaning out the closet (apparently I need inspiration, I don't know, don't ask me) I realize that no in fact we have a week to clean out our closet.  I immediately huffed at the thought that we needed a week to clean out one closet.  OMG I might need two.  Our closet is the biggest area for storage in the entire house, we do have a garage but that doesn't make my point so just forget we do...anyway since it is the biggest it ends up being a dumping ground for stuff that doesn't have a home elsewhere.  Where does the humidifier go?  In our closet.  Where do the Mr. and my bows go?  In our closet.  Where does the footlocker full of banks of pennies go?  What you don't have one of these?  In our closet.  Drawing materials that the hubs is never going to use?  That's right, in our closet.  


Put that on top of the fact that I have an attachment to my clothes and you have an overly stuffed closet that is going to take two weeks to finish, especially now that I know we have an entire week not just one day so being the procrastinator that I am I will put it off until Friday.  So the whole attachment thing, it's not so much an attachment as much of a fear of letting go...same thing right?  ok ok attachment then.  I have clothes that I like that are just too small and I feel that if I get rid of them it's admitting that I'm never going to be that size again.  I'm sure this is fairly common, maybe not.  However yesterday I started with my clothes and got rid of a lot that would fit into that whole admitting failure category.  I'm proud of myself, I have to say.  I just kept telling myself, it's a shirt I can buy a new one, no biggie.  I did keep a few things that were still too small but not a lot, as a goal.  


My clothes got organized and our DVDs, that's it.  It doesn't seem like much but it was two naps worth of work.  I also ordered her book, Organized Simplicity.  I'll let ya know how it is when I get it, it should be here in a couple days.  It has tons of good reviews on Barnes & Noble, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment