Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

planes and cars

4 down 26 to go...

Now that I got that over with we can get on to more important things.  I've managed to pick up the Organized Simplicity book again.  I'm really loving it.  So far we've covered finances, time, and family purpose statement.  Do you guys have a family purpose statement or ever tried to write one?  I've heard of this idea before and loved it ever since, but I just don't know what ours would consist of.  I really don't know what our purpose is other than to make it through life in one piece.  A day that is finished with fewer than 3 bruises, less than 2 broken objects, and one in which a path remains to each of the bedrooms is a good day in this house...seriously.  I know the purpose statement is bigger than that but I still don't know what ours is.  This is something I really want to wrangle the hubs into figuring out with me.  I want focus, I want to be able to instill our purpose into Cohen, I want us to move toward one common goal.  Back to the book, so I've just started the section in which you get your house cleaned out in 10 days.  I think I'm going to start this....sometime.  I would love to start it tomorrow, but since I have procrastinated on this week's project simplify of getting the kid's stuff in control, I need to do that.  I don't know we'll see.

Monday, after I looked at this week's hot spot, I went into the little guy's room and stood in front of the open closet dreading every minute that it would take to clean it out.  Actually I just did this not to long ago so it's not too bad, it's just that while we have days where the temp reaches 80 we also have cold days too, so I don't really know what to put up and what to keep out right now.  I mean if I put it up I'm saying we're done with this because chances are he's not going to fit into it this fall.  I want to get every possible bit of use out of his clothing, yeah I'm cheap like that.  So to the point, while I was standing there moping about what was to come I found a toy I had been storing in the back until Cohen was old enough to play with it.
My grandmother used to make stuff with yarn and canvas for all of us.  I don't even know what it is called, but we all got tons of it, and there were a lot of us, her kids and grand kids and I can only imagine her friends and neighbors received it as well.  I had an entire house full of furniture for my barbie dolls.  Oh yes my barbies had custom furniture, right down to the side table and lamp.  How many of you can say that?  I still have it by the way, in my attic.  Organized Simplicity would tell me to get rid of it, but I can't, I might have a girl some day and her barbies will then rock the customized furniture.  So the above toy is one I asked for.  It was one of the last things I remember her making me.  It's just the niftiest thing and I knew if I had a boy one day I wanted him to have one.  So I asked, she gladly obliged, and I have saved it all these years.
So Monday I pulled it out, and even though he's still a bit young to really play with it, the two of us sat on the living room floor and played.  Well I played he just kept putting the cars back in the box.  As I sat and played I realized just how glad I am that I asked for it, that Cohen will have something that my grandmother, his great grandmother made.

No comments:

Post a Comment