Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

whoop whoop

One of our dogs died last Sunday.  Yeah I know what a depressing way to start a post right.  Anyway so because of this it left our lab up in the fence by his lonesome self.  We decided it was time to make him an indoor/outdoor dog.  As of today he has taken a liking to sleeping in our bathroom for some reason.  I'm almost to the point of this story, here it goes...so as I sit down to start writing I hear the hubs yelling "oh no, no, no, no, no, no.  you have to get out".  He had gone into take a shower and left Buckwheat in the bathroom with him and apparently Buckwheat has noticed that he's a bit smelly, we've been saying this all week he must have finally caught on.  So after typing this out I realize it's not going to be as funny to anyone reading it as it was to me sitting here listening to it, oh well.

Now let's get this party started. whoop whoop.  First off let me say that I don't think I'm the only one who put this week's hot spot off for as long as they possibly could.  There are 77 people that have already posted.  Last week I came in at 115.  Now I know that I haven't yet posted so I could very well be around or even after 115 again, but I'm posting later than last week  but yet possibly coming in earlier in the numbers so...there.  Why does it make me feel better to rationalize that it is ok that I procrastinated cause all the cool kids did too?

I know you can't see it here but under all that mess you will find my new copy of Organized Simply.  I brought it in here when I was working on our budget earlier this week.
Ok seriously this is why I procrastinated...
I know it doesn't look like a whole lot here.
But it turned into this...
What that doesn't look like much how about this then...
That's right an entire bag of shreds.  I had to dump my shredder three times and continue to cram it down into the bag just to make it all fit.
Hey there's the book!
So I completely did away with all our filed bills.  We've been discussing this for a couple months now.  I mean, while we don't do all our bills online we are starting to do a lot more, and if we did them all online we wouldn't have a paper copy to save so whey the hell are we saving the paper copies now?  The short answer, we aren't...anymore.  I kept one file...I will repeat that for all of you who don't believe me, we kept one file.  In it will go one month's bills, all of them.  The next month as long as the bills show that we paid the previous month correctly, the folder gets emptied and then the current month will go in.  That's it, one month's bills.  I had water bills from 2008.  Why?  My mother.

I also took care of the magazine basket, but don't have pics of it, it was pretty boring.  And I handled my stack of newspapers.
  I finally pulled the coupons out and did away with the newspapers, not before I washed my windows of course.  What you don't wash your windows with newspaper?  Oh it is the only way to go my dear.  Newspaper and vinegar.  You don't waste a whole roll of paper towels and your glass is sparkling.

Buh bye kissy mark that my rug rat made or some other random rug rat.
And just because I have to, here's my helpers hard at work.

Here's to next week.  I'm still holding out for the attic or basement, of which I have neither, so my procrastinating self can have a week off.  Check it out, you know you want to.

oh and whoop whoop, I came in at number 81...take that last week's 115.

No comments:

Post a Comment