Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

april 27, 2011

I know I've been missing for a while.  I had a few posts in my head all ready to be put into writing.  Then the tornadoes came through.  While we live right outside Tuscaloosa, we were very fortunate.  We received no damage, not to our house, our cars, or most importantly ourselves.  The storm went north of us after it left Tuscaloosa.  Our hearts have felt the pain though, to see our town in pieces, literally parts are nothing but rubble, and to see so many lose their houses and even family, I just can't imagine what people are and have gone through these past weeks.

Needless to say after so much despair egg hunting pictures or the now and then pictures just didn't seem that important.  I couldn't bring myself to blog.  The everyday stuff seemed so frivolous and the aftermath of the storm is literally indescribable, I couldn't find the words.

I hope that this post, as weak as it may be, has let me sort of clear the air and I will be able to move on, at least in the blog world, and get back to posting.  It just didn't seem right to go back to posting like normal with out at least giving acknowledgement however minute it may be.  Our hearts are with those who were affected by the storms all across the southeast.  It is a day we will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment