Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

it's monday again

That could only mean one thing.  It's memories and milestone time. 


The kid has been jabbering for a couple of months now.  Everyone keeps saying "he's going to be talking soon".  Well I wanna know what soon is in terms of days or weeks.  He is slowly picking up new words.  The first word that he's said, and used for any length of time was tractor.  I think that fact alone would put us in the category of a redneck family.  He has said words in the past like Reagan, but it only lasts a few days to a week.  He is also saying duck and truck and I'm thinking that's it for right now.  

Anytime he sees a cow he will moo.  Sometimes when he sees a horse he will moo, sometimes he will neigh.  What can I say he's hooked on mooing.  


He loves Word World.  Yes I know this makes me a bad mother, for letting my child watch TV, but if you've been reading the old blog you know this isn't the only thing that makes me a bad mother.  
He recognizes letters.  He doesn't know any of the letters, he just knows they are letters.  He loves the alphabet. He loves to hear it sung and is starting to sing along now.  He also just loves letters.  He points them out and says "b", which I've decided is his term for ABC's.

He is also able to turn out quite the tantrum, complete with throwing himself on the floor and kicking and screaming.  Case in point the Michaels trip last week.  I've started letting him walk around stores instead of riding in the cart, if it's going to be a quick trip, well I was planning on being in and out of Michaels.  It would have been a quick in and out too, had the kid participated.  We start out in the paper aisle.  I just needed a few sheets then we'd be moving on.  Well Cobra decided he needed some of Martha Stewart's glitter.  And I don't know if you've bought any of Martha's glitter but with it being Martha and all it comes in a glass bottle.  Obviously the kid didn't need it.  So after trying to convince the little guy why he needed to come with me, and walking off saying bye (when does this ever work?), I grabbed the kid from off the floor where he had been on his belly screaming, tossed him under my arm...still screaming, and headed to the paint brushes.  Then we proceed to play the whole game all over again.  
Me telling him to get up.  Him laying on his belly screaming.  Me pretending to walk away.  Him seeing his new freedom and running from here to there touching everything.  Me trying to entice him with the paper and brushes I'm buying.  Him not falling for it, but falling on the floor screaming again.  Me picking him up and running for the register.  
Oh what fun that was.  See Heather it's not just your kid.  The tantrums are perfectly normal...they are aren't they???

No comments:

Post a Comment