Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

oatmeal applesauce cookies

Well it's Monday, and here is another not so memory, not so milestone post.  In fact it's another recipe.  Unlike the last it doesn't have a memory attached though.  However maybe a memory will grow in the future.  The hubs and I really enjoy this cookie and today was Cohen's first time trying them.  He ate two before supper and a half after.  So who knows maybe this will be a cookie I often have waiting on him when he gets off the bus down the road.  Yeah yeah I know I'm stretching to make it fit into the milestone/memory monday.

On to the recipe already...

Not Iced Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies
(without the raisins please)

4 tablespoons butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup chunky style applesauce
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and sugars.  Add egg and applesauce, mix until blended approx. 2-3 minutes.  Mix in oats, flour, soda, powder, & salt.  Using a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.


So I guess now is where I should say that this recipe is not my own.  I know shocker right?  It's Martha's.  She makes her's with an icing, I was too lazy to make it the first time I made them.  They tasted fine without so I've been lazy ever since.  Also she puts raisins in her's.  I don't eat raisins.  I blame my mother.  I blame my mother for not liking rice for 22 years as well.  I mean really how can you eat it when your mother talks about how it looks like maggots.  It really messed me up, that is until I overcame it.  Now I eat rice, and all is well.  I still don't eat raisins though.  At least I eat bananas!



Make them, then eat them.  You will like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment